Friday, April 26, 2013

April 25


Today I glazed my cups, and I trimmed my serving dish.  It was perfectly dry for trimming.  I had a lot of homework to finish up so that’s all I was able to get done.  It took a while to finish blind contouring the cups.
            I’m feeling really good about my project still.  Tomorrow I’m going to finish clear glazing everything and maybe I’ll be able to get the kiln loaded, so we can just set it off on Monday morning.
            I did a blind contour of Mark on one of my cups.  So now I’ve got nine for the set.  Maybe I’ll give them away as little gifts and just keep four or six of them.  I think they’d make good presents.  People are always really psyched about getting homemade ceramic things.  I think because it’s one of the crafts that you really wouldn’t be able to do just at home, because you need a kiln and all that.  And you can actually use them so that’s another plus.
            My world religions class is really intense but I really like it.  We’re starting to learn about Christianity.
            I had an in class essay in English today, which was stressful, but I’m glad it’s over with.  It’s not getting graded or anything, so that’s good, although I think I did alright on it.  I always have so much anticipatory anxiety about those but then it turns out to be okay.  I feel like that’s true about a lot of things.  The anticipatory anxiety is always worse than the actual thing.
            We’re getting the front of our house redone, and there have been builders and painters there for months, and they finally finished painting on the inside of the house, and we got to put everything back together.  All of the furniture from the bedrooms was all piled up in the living room and now it’s all back in order.  Being displaced like that really causes more of an issue that you’d think.  It’s really nice now that everything is going back to normal.  They’re still painting the outside of the house.  It’s red now.  It used to really look like the Brady house, and now it looks like a cool barn situation.  It’s funny how when something gets changed like that you can hardly remember what it looked like before.  The new thing just totally replaces the old thing in your head.  Maybe that’s just me though.  Hopefully not, I’m already kind of concerned about how terrible my short-term memory is.

No comments:

Post a Comment