Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17


I can’t believe this is the last journal entry!  It really feels like I just started my project.  I feel like that’s such a cliché, but it’s so true!  Also saying that is kind of a cliché, but I’m okay with that for now.  But actually, so fast.  It makes me kind of sad.  I feel really even more excited for next year than I ever have, though.  It feels so good to have actually made something, and I feel like I’m going to feel like that all the time next year.
            Today I flipped over the rest of the tiles that I made and I Set them all on the bisque shelf to dry before they get bisqued, whenever that will be.  Apparently there’s going to be some competition for space in the little electric kiln before the year is over.  I feel like I should get priority ‘cause I’m a senior. 
            I was going to make more tiles, and I started wedging more clay, and it was really dry and impossible to wedge, and I already have way more tiles than I know what to do with, so I just decided to be done, and to go work on my history paper some more.  And I felt really good about it and not guilty at all, so I feel like that’s a good thing.  I just got back from Lindsey and Molly’s show, and it was so cool.  I really hope that mine goes well.  I’m so psyched to see it all set up, and it was so cool to see theirs all done.  I keep telling Lindsey not to sell any of the pieces yet because I’m actually going to buy her out.  The jewelry is so cool!  I have dibs on a necklace with a little paper elephant, a pair of earrings, and a cuff bracelet.  So that’s pretty exciting.
            I hope people like my show.  I was worried that nobody was going to come, but then I remembered that Bob and Tina are also going to be in the gallery, so it will probably be pretty packed.  Hopefully nobody knocks the table over accidentally or something like that.  I worry.  I’ll have to make lots of please don’t touch! signs.
            We have our senior advisor dinner with Ms. Smith on Sunday.  It’s going to be me, Mark, Lindsey, and Kristen, and also Emma and Annie, who are Ms. Smith’s “fake advisees.”  There are going to be a lot of tears.  So many tears.
            Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment