Friday, May 3, 2013

May 2


            I had so much homework to do today!  I had to take notes about Quakers for world religions, and I had some multiple choice AP prep things to catch up on for English.  I got everything done in time, and I blind contoured my serving dish and the six teacups.  I still need to go over the drawings with underglaze.  I feel like I’ve been spending a lot more time doing homework lately.  I think it’s because I’m so tired all the time, when I get home I just go to sleep right after eating dinner, and then I leave all of my homework for my free blocks.  It usually just takes one or two blocks, which is good.
            I think that because I have a little more time than I had planned for, I’m going to try to work on the textile aspect of the project that I had talked about in my original proposal.  I might go to the fabric store and get something for a tablecloth, and maybe play with some embroidery or something.  I really like embroidering.  I had an idea for a pot, like a vase, that would be double walled, and the inside wall would hold water for flowers, and then the outside would have holes in it that I could embroider on to.  I think I would draw something on the outside of the pot and pick where to put holes for the thread to pass through, and then embroider when it comes out of the glaze firing.  Hopefully the glaze wouldn’t fill in any of the holes.  I might have to put tiny drips of wax on them so they’d stay clear. But I think that would be a really fun project.  I don’t think I’ll have time to do it while I’m still at tabor, but maybe sometime in the future.   I think I’d have to spend a really long time figuring out how to make a double walled vessel, before even thinking about how to go about the embroidery though.
            I’m really excited to be able to do things like that in college.  I think the foundation year, my first year, is going to be super challenging, with all of the drawing classes and 2d and 3d classes that I’m going to have to take, but it’s going to be so amazing to have that education before I start getting more creative with my pots and my paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment