Friday, May 3, 2013

May 3


            I’m so glad that it’s the weekend.  The past few weeks have felt so strange.  This week especially.  It felt like it went by so fast, but when I think back to Monday it seems like a really long time ago.  Today I started painting the underglaze on my blind contoured teacups and serving dish.  And I finished the three candleholders that I have, so they’re ready to bisque. 
            I started playing around with ideas for my final presentation.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to be able to have my show in the gallery, but I just need to figure out when.  I’m thinking about having a couple of the place settings out on a table, like it’s set up for dinner.  The thing is that you can’t see all of the blind contours when they’re all set up, so I think I’ll also spread some of the work out on individual pedestals.  I also need to find an appropriately sized table to set things up on.  I was t thinking about using a round table.  I could just get a round piece of wood and put it on some makeshift table legs and throw a nice white tablecloth over it.  I don’t really know why I was thinking round.  I think because all of the pieces are round, there aren’t any oval platters or anything, so I think that it would relate to the set better.
I’m really excited to have a big meal with all of the dishware when I’m finished.  I’ve been thinking about what to make.  I think I’ll make soup and then stuffed peppers or something fun like that, and then a fancy dessert that we can eat off the salad plates.  I think salad plates can double as desert plates.
I’ve been drinking a lot of London fogs recently.  It’s sweetened earl grey tea with steamed milk.  I just use honey to sweeten it, but most people use vanilla syrup.  I made one with almond syrup the other day.  And steamed almond milk, always.  We might get almond milk at coffee o, but it’s way more expensive than soy.  We’ve had it for the past couple weeks, just to try out.  My boss said that it’s almost four times as expensive as normal cow’s milk.  And almost twice as expensive as soy.  I always feel weird about drinking a lot of soymilk.  Maybe I’ll just bring my own box of almond milk with me to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment