Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 7


I forgot to come in early this morning to start the kiln, so I almost didn’t get to start it today, but Mr. Mogilnicki started it anyway.  I guess he’s going to be here later when it finishes.  It’s kind of weird because I’m done throwing, and those pieces are the last ones to go into the kiln.  So I’m pretty much done.  I just need to work on the set up.  Which is really exciting.
            Today I tried setting things up on a few different table situations.  I definitely don’t want to put things on individual pedestals.  I tried a table that was about two feet by four feet, and it was too narrow, so I went with Ms. Smith to maintenance, and they said they could make me a tabletop to stand up on a pedestal and use to display my pieces on.  It’s going to be 42 by 42 inches.  It’ll also be good because it will be taller than a normal table, so it will look more formal almost.  Like it’s not just set up for dinner, but for looking at.  I’m going to go to the fabric store and try to find a color that I’d like to use for the tablecloth and placemats, or however that works out.  It’s just going to be on one pedestal, and I’m worried that it’s going to tip over, but Ms. Smith thinks it’s ok, so it probably is.  Maybe I’ll put little supports under there just in case.
            I can’t believe that the year is almost over.  I’m really looking forward to the foundation year next year at MECA.  It’s going to be really difficult, and probably kind of tedious, but I’m going to learn so much!  I can’t wait to see what my schedule is going to be like.  I know I have to take all of the foundation classes, like drawing and 2D and 3D, and I think I get to pick a couple of electives.  I really want to take some ceramics classes next year and they have a really cool new textiles department that I want to take some classes in as well.  I’ve been trying to learn how to knit recently.  I really like it, but it’s kind of annoying because I can’t really fix any of the problems that I have by myself, so I have to wait until I’m with someone who knows how to knit.  I think I just have to stick with it for a while longer, because I really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment